Tire & Wheel Protection Plans
Tire & Wheel Protection pays to have your damaged tires and/or wheels repaired. See coverage limits.
Additionally, Tire & Wheel Protection provides for repair or replacement of wheels AND RIMS that are damaged due to a road hazard. Rim replacement is becoming harder to find. Expensive aluminum wheels and sport wheel packages have led many tire insurers to opt to repair damaged rims, but this is generally a bad practice...replacement is clearly the better option.
Tire & Wheel membership protects you with an approved amount to repair your tire when you get a flat tire due to a road hazard.
If the tire is beyond repair, we will replace the tire with a brand new one of the like kind, quality, and cost. Also provides for wheel replacement. Maximum benefit per membership year is 4 occurrences.
Road Hazard - Defined as objects and road conditions such as potholes, rocks, wood debris, metal parts, plastic or composition scraps, or other item causing tire damage other than normal wear and tear.
Important Notes - About buying and using your Tire & Wheel Road Hazard Protection plan.
- Tire Repair - When Your Vehicle experiences a flat tire due to a Covered Road Hazard, We will reimburse You a reasonable, pre-authorized amount to repair the tire.
- Tire Replacement - When Your Vehicle experiences a flat tire due to a Covered Road Hazard and the tire is NOT repairable, We will reimburse You for the cost to replace the tire with a like kind and quality.
- Mounting and Balancing - Reimbursement for the cost for mounting and balancing will be included, if needed.
- Wheel (rim) Repair - When Your Vehicle experiences a damaged wheel due to a covered Road Hazard, We will reimburse you for the amount to repair the wheel and if the wheel is not repairable, we will reimburse or send you a new wheel.
- Wheel (Rim) Replacement - When Your Vehicle experiences a damaged wheel due to a Covered Road Hazard and the wheel is NOT repairable, We will reimburse You for the cost to replace the wheel with a like kind and quality.
Tire and Wheel Road Hazard Protection can be purchased separately or in combination with your Roadside Assistance membership. It adds valuable road hazard protection on your automobile's tires and/or wheels.
*Terms and conditions apply. Consult your member handbook or call for fulldetails.